First off, what a trip! My mom and I headed to waco for a mother/daughter weekend and to celebrate my mom’s Birthday. We had an absolute blast! We are both BIG Fixer Upper fans, so it was a little dream of ours to get to see all of the houses and all things Magnolia in person. Here’s our itinerary of the trip from Friday-Sunday. It was basically a 48 hour trip, since we flew in mid-day on Friday and flew out at noon on Sunday.
We flew into Dallas Forth Worth airport on Friday and got there around 12:30pm. We got our rental car and immediately hit the road towards McGregor, Texas. Our hotel was in West, since most of the hotels were sold out in Waco for the Silobration. It was only 20 minutes out of town and no traffic (so an easy drive for us Californians who are used to a ton of traffic).
DAY 1: McGregor, Texas (it’s about a 25 minute drive from Waco)
- Cedar Chest Antiques, 31707 West Highway 84 (on the highway right before you get to town. Make a u-turn and head there first)
- Cedar Chest Antiques Too, 31631 West Highway 84
- The Magnolia House B&B, 323 South Madison Ave
- JDH Iron Work (25 mins out of town towards Crawford), 9685 N. Lone Star Parkway, Valley Mills
- The Gaines’ Farm (Out of respect to the Gaines’ I do not want to publish their address. We happened to drive by on our way back to town, so we did a quick air wave and admired their horses in the front yard.)
DAY 2: Waco, Texas
- Selfie with Chip and Joanna at the visitor center, 106 Texas Ranger Road
- The Gaines’ first home on 3rd st., 2920 S. 3rd St.
- Coffee at Common Grounds, 1123 South 8th St. (tip: if the line is long, go through the side entrance and take your pics and then go through the drive-through. Towing cars is an issue, so beware of signs!)
- The Shotgun House, 624 S. 7th St.
- The 5th Street House, 1403 N. 5th St.
- The Common Grounds House, 1525 McKenzie Ave. (the house numbers have been taken off)
- The Harp House, 822 N. 15th St.
- Harp Design Co., 808 N. 15th St.
- Laverty’s Antiques, 600 N. 18th St.
- The Gorman House, 2001 Gorman Ave, (Gorman/20th St)
- The Bean Stalk House, 2800 Gorman Ave, (Gorman/28th St)
- The (original) Magnolia Store, 3801 Bosque Blvd.
- The Hillcrest Estate B&B (season 5), 3601 Hillcrest Dr.
- The German Schmear House, 5517 Lake Highland Dr.
- The Fixer Upper, 121 Castle Ave,
- The Magnolia Table Restaurant (coming soon), 2132 Valley Mills Drive. (Be sure to stop by Healthy Camp next door and get a milkshake. They are good!)
- The Magnolia Market and Silos, 601 Webster Ave. (We ate on the grounds and had Cheddar Box. We highly recommend it! Also, the line for the Bakery looks long, but it moves quickly).
Head to my Instagram (thefurniturefinder) to see pictures of each place. Thanks for stopping by and let me know how your trip went if you go! Thank you, again, to my wonderful Mom for an amazing weekend! I will treasure those memories forever! xo
(1,399 miles from Orange County, CA to The Magnolia Market, Waco, TX) #milestomagnolia